Mr. Jayachandran has over 35 years of experience supporting Government customers. He possesses extensive legacy knowledge of DHS, and has deep relationships in the Government and contractor community based on business relationships built on contract performance for Federal, DOD, and Intelligence Community agencies. DHS benefits from his experience managing projects of all cost types that he completed on time and within budget. Highlights of Mr. Jayachandran’s experience include:
- Managed large and small programs with a cumulative contract value of over $100M.
- Managed several IDIQ contracts with multiple task orders.
- Managed multiple subcontractors on many programs.
- Managed programs under multiple contract types including Firm-Fixed price, Cost Plus Fixed Fee, Time and Material, and Labor Hours LOE.
- Managed programs for DHS including the planning for the consolidation of the 22 agencies to form DHS.
- Managed task order proposals preparation for task orders on IDIQ contracts
Relevant DHS Experience:
Under the auspices of a Presidential Directive, Jay served as a PM tasked to do a feasibility study and identify a plan of action to consolidate the 22 agencies that came together into what today is known as the Department of Homeland Security.
Tasking included leading diverse teams from multiple, (and at that time) unaffiliated organizations, as well as interviewing and collaborating with multiple government user organization Chief Information Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Senior Executive Service-level personnel, Government property management personnel, and analyzing the attributes of approximately 22 disparate financial and property management systems and developing an action plan for consolidation and execution.
Mr. Jayachandran led President Bush's Determination Order initiative and worked with Donald Bathurst (the current Chief Administrative Officer for DHS) to inventory all the assets that were brought into DHS from the component agencies.
Jay also assisted Ms. Janet Hale (Under Secretary for the Management Directorate of DHS) and her program manager Ms. Catherine Santana to put together the requirements for the consolidation effort (eMERGE2).
IDIQ Program Management Experience:
Mr. Jayachandran has over 20 years’ experience managing large IDIQ programs with multiple task orders for the Defense Logistics Agency, General Services Administration and the Internal Revenue Service. He has managed programs of all contract types including Firm Fixed price, Cost Plus, Time and Material and Labor Hours. DHS will benefit from having a Program manager who has managed IDIQ programs of similar size, complexity and scope. Following is a sample list of IDIQ contracts of different cost types that Jay has managed.
- Defense Logistics Agencies' Virtual Prime Vendor program (VPV program). This was an IDIQ program with multiple task orders. The Project scope included innovative technologies (for the nineties) that included web based applications and EDI capabilities. The Project scope included Systems Engineering, Software Development, Operations and Maintenance, Configuration Management and Quality Assurance. The primary contract type was Labor Hours (Fixed Price - Level of Effort).
- Defense Logistics Agency's Enhanced Vendor Delivery program was an IDIQ program and the task orders that Jay managed were Firm Fixed price.
- As Senior Program Manager for Unisys Corporation, Jay was responsible for the successful management of a $30-million-dollar Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF) contract for software development to support the Public Buildings Services Division of the General Services Administration. The program had 250 employees who provided IT solutions, capability and support.
Business Development Experience:
Mr. Jayachandran has extensive experience in bidding and winning task orders. He has over 20 years of experience in account management, capture management and proposal management. DHS will benefit from his experience by having competition at the individual task order level and thereby getting the best value in terms of expertise, experience and price. Following is a list of business leadership positions that Jay has held in the past 15 years.
- As Vice President at GITI, Jay is responsible for business development and marketing to DARPA, DOD and the Intelligence community.
- As Vice President of Marketing and Solutions for GTSI, Jay was responsible for building and marketing solutions for the Federal, Civilian, DoD, and Intelligence agencies.
- As Vice President of Business Development and Marketing at Potomac Management Group, Jay grew the business with U.S Coast Guard, and Department of Interior.
- As Vice President of Business Development and Marketing at SAIC, Jay was responsible for relationships with the US Government civilian agencies that included but were not limited: Immigration and Naturalization Service, U.S. Coast Guard, U.S. Customs, Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Treasury, Environmental Protection Agency, United States Department of Agriculture, and Department of Transportation.
- As Principal at Booz Allen Hamilton, Jay was responsible for supporting the Federal Government. Agencies including IRS, Treasury, Army, National Institute of Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services and Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
Phone: 703-652-1600 x 144